|How does a girl like you get to be a girl like you?
||[Aug. 26th, 2005|03:58 pm]
A Hitchcock stamping community
1. Name: Ashley Regina.
2. Age: 19.
3. Three adjectives to describe yourself: Optimistic, vivacious, charming. (Well, I attempt to be the latter, lol.)
4. Music: I mostly listen to showtunes and the classics... people like Frank Sinatra, Rosemary Clooney, Judy Garland, Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy, Dinah Shore, Debbie Reynolds, Doris Day, and Glenn Miller to name a few. I'm also down with Disney tunes, country, old-school stuff from my middle school days (which would be '97-'00, holy cow I'm old), and random bouts of Outkast and Maroon 5. (But I don't listen to that last listing all that often.)
5. Movies: Singin' in the Rain, Mary Poppins, An Affair to Remember, Maytime, To Each His Own, Random Harvest, The Thin Man.
6. What was your favorite Hitchcock movie, and why?: The Man Who Knew Too Much (the American version with Jimmy Stewart and Doris Day). I just adore that movie. I have a big thing for kids so the fact that this adorable little boy is in danger probably has a lot to do with it. But let's face it, that film is filled with amazing scenes. The scene in the Royal Albert Hall absolutely takes my breath away every time, and then the "Que Sera Sera" scene when the lady is telling him to whistle... I cry every time.
7. What is your favorite thing to wear?: Umm... haha, that's so hard. I've always thought of myself as someone who dresses very simple (jeans or capris with a fairly basic top), but the other night my friend's boyfriend said I seemed to be a fashionite. I like things that look clean, simple, and timeless.
8. What are you most afraid of?: Spiders. The process of dying. Childbirth. Not being able to have children. (I'm such an oxymoron.) Failure. Rejection. Oh, it's all there.
9. What do you do/ what do you want to do "when you grow up"?: I'm studying to be a high school theatre teacher. I later plan on getting my masters in film so that I can work with classic film in some way. (If all else fails, I be the amazing old movie professor everyone loves and gives chili peppers to on ratemyprofessors.)
10. Promote somewhere and post the link here: Whee, my LJ!"
11. Please post 3 or more clear pictures of yourself:
Senior year of high school, my best friend, Shannon, and me on Twin Day.
Red Hot Seniors Day from high school as well -- my friend Nikki is on the left, my friend Tasha is on the right.
This was me during fall of last year. Haroo!
My senior year of high school.
Senior prom. I was actually going for a Carole Lombard look (mainly in terms of the dress, which you can't see all of), but my date's little brother took one look at me and said, "WOW! YOU LOOK JUST LIKE AUDREY HEPBURN." Not the first time I had gotten that comparison, but there isn't much else in life that's better than being compared to Audrey so I certainly took it as a compliment.
I am really excited to see who I get because I have no preconceived notions whatsoever about this!